Monday, January 4, 2010

My Former Black Warrior


I once knew a young black man who stole my heart. And then he gave it back to me when I begged for him to keep it. I said, “Thieves don’t give back the goods.” But he said, “This thief can take all the goods in the world with his black skin and his kingly ways.” And I said, “But these goods of mine are more precious than the furthest North and the furthest South, and if you run from me east to West, you will only run in circles of misery.” And he said, “Yes, but this king can jump, to the moon, and to Jupiter and as far as Pluto, searching for more conquest.” So what could I do, but to say that I would follow him to the edge of the universe? And then he took me by my hand and ran me through the darkest pits of hell! And I yelled, “Oh my black king! I will still follow you, no matter how much you torture me!” Well then,” he said,” you are a fool of limited wisdom and no self-respect.” And I then corrected him saying, “No, I am love eternal, giving you life, so who are you to take mine away, just because I love you so?” And he said, “You should have known then, that I would deceive you because I am a warrior, who is not to be seduced.” And I said< “Yes, but even black warriors need a place to rest and to feel secure in the warmth that only I can give you.” “I need no rest, he said and with my tears, I can bring you back again.” And then he fell to his knees and cried, then he said I have been the arrogant fool, while you have been the wise one all along.” And I said back to him, “Stand up, my king, For you shall discard me again with your blind arrogance. And I shall chase you again to the edge of our universe, bringing you to your knees reminding you that through me you became alive, with my eternal love. You will forever need your Queen...And then he nestled up beside me and I loved him like my husband.....

No comments:

Post a Comment