Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Adele Covers Vogue Magazine: ‘I Am Never Writing A Break Up Record Again’

Vogue Magazine snagged her for the Cover of their March 2012 Issue and she is killing it in a 10 page fashion spread. Inside, she talks about how losing her voice helped silence the noise in her life which gave her clarity and also reveals that she has no desire to expand into other areas such as acting. She also drops a bomb in the interview when she revealed it’ll be at least three years before we can expect another album from her and she won’t be releasing anything until it’s better than her last album, 21.

Check out a few experts and her full photo spread below:

On the Man Who Inspired the album 21
“You know, he was amazing. He was great. But it was never going to work. And for ages I was like, As if he deserves any f-cking kudos for inspiring my record. But now, after some time, it only seems right that the person who so far has had the biggest impact on me—has now changed my life for f-cking ever with this album—deserves a little credit. I can do things that I never dreamed I’d be able to do. If I hadn’t met him, I think I’d still be that little girl I was when I was eighteen. And the best thing is, I now know what I want for myself and from someone else. I didn’t know what I wanted before.”

On how losing her voice helped change her life
It was so fast-paced, I could hardly ever even remember the bulk of my day. I think I just needed to be silenced. And when you are silent, everyone else around you is silent. So the noise in my life just stopped. It was like I was floating in the sea for three weeks. It was brilliant. It was my body telling me to fix me. I had so much time to kind of go over things and get over things, which is amazing. I think if I hadn’t had my voice trouble, I would never have broached those subjects with myself. Now I just feel really at peace. And really proud of myself. I’ve never fully appreciated the things that I’ve achieved until now. In fact, my entire life has changed in the last ten weeks. I’ve never been so happy, and I love it.

On not having the desire to become an actress
I did my acting debut on Ugly Betty, and I cannot watch it. I play myself, but I was so sort of uncomfortable that I sound like an American putting on an English accent. I am the worst actress of all time. I’m like a f-cking cardboard box! I’m awful. No, I have absolutely no intention of going into acting or making perfumes. I am a singer. I will stick to what I am good at and not spread myself thin and become mediocre at everything I do.

On having a long-lasting singing career
I’m in it for the long run. I don’t want to be disposable. You’re only as good as your next record. I’m not scared of losing this. I won’t come out with new music until it’s better than 21. I’m not expecting to sell as many records, but I don’t want to release shit. Also, I have nothing to write about! I’d be lying. And that would go against everything I’ve ended up building for myself. So, yeah, I will need at least three years to write a record.

On if it’ll take a brave man to date her
Come on! I’m wifey material! I’m great. No one’s got to be brave. It’s not like, ‘You f**k me over and I’m going to write a record and make you the most hated man in the world.’ I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way. I’m done with being a bitter witch”

Read the full interview here.

More photos from Adele’s Vogue spread below:



No comments:

Post a Comment