Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dawn Richard Released From Bad Boy, Releases New Song “Change”

Dawn Richard has parted ways from Bad Boy and is now focused on doing her own thing.

In an interview with Bossip, she recently revealed that although she’s still working with Diddy when it comes to Dirty Money, he has released her from the label so that she can work on her solo project independently.

“Puff has been really great with being supportive of me starting a solo career, and he’s agreed to let me go from Bad Boy. I’m really grateful to him. He didn’t have to do that. He could have been what they say that he would be, and he wasn’t at all. He gave me a business decision. It was a very amicable decision. Now, it’s just about the music, and I want to make him and them proud of believing in me enough to let me go try it.”

Mind you, artists aren’t able to get out of their contracts that easy. It took Mase ten years to get Diddy to release him from his Bad Boy contract.

Dawn is now trying to bring a different sound to R&B which she says is “raw and militant,” and she just released a track that captures it. Titled “Change” it’s a song that finds Dawn in a place where she needs to stop taking her man for granted in order to keep him with her. She sings over the laid-back beat, “It ain’t changed. It’s still the same. I still love you like the angels do.”

Listen below.



source

No comments:

Post a Comment